Get the skills and knowledge you need for the next step of your career by participating in the Ti Hua KOO and Dorothy VEE KOO Admission international awards offered by Lee Woo Sing College.
These funding opportunities are open to supporting international students who want to pursue a degree program at The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- University: Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Department: Lee Woo Sing College
- Course level: Grade
- Prizes: HK$200,000 per year
- How to sign in: Online
- Number of awards: Five
- Nationality: International
- The prize can be brought to Hong Kong
- Eligible countries: Mainland China, Taiwan and Macao
- Acceptable course or subjects: Degree in any subject offered by the university
- Eligible criteria: In order to be eligible, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a non-local full-time student from mainland China, Taiwan and Macau.
- Commit to being affiliated with Lee Woo Sing College and choose Lee Woo Sing College as your first choice in college affiliation,
- Have a community service mindset and community service experience.
- Having an acceptable academic result,
- Come from a financially disadvantaged environment
How to apply
- How to apply: To be considered for this award, applicants must be admitted to a degree at the university. After that, they can get this grant.
- Supporting documents: You have completed and fully uploaded the following supporting documents (if available):
- A photocopy of each of your Hong Kong IDENTITY documents, employee visa, passport and entry permit, if applicable
- Copies of transcripts and public exam results and other credentials (if applicable):
- high school reports/transcripts and degree/diploma certificate
- transcripts of diploma/degree and degree certificate
- university transcripts/degree certificate
- public exam results (e.g. IB/SAT/AP/ACT/GCE/GCSE/IGCSE/Gaokao/others). The University Code for the University Council (for the submission of sat/AP results) is 5690, and for the ACT it is 7050.
- Test results in English/Chinese (e.g. TOEFL/IELTS/others). The University Code for the presentation of TOEFL results is 0812.
- certificates in support of professional/academic results
- Personal statement (Curriculum / Curriculum Vitae (optional))
- Recommendation of an academic arbitrator (online or on paper)
- Admission requirements: By admission, applicants must verify all university admission requirements.
- Language requirement: Applicants must have obtained one of the following qualifications and minimum results to be taken into account for admission to the University. English test
- IELTS: 6.0
- TOEFL (iBT): 80
- Test-based reading and writing sat: 590
- ACT Arts combined in English/Writing or English (ELA): 23
- GCSE / IGCSE / GCE-OL: C (For GCSE / IGCSE, which uses the new classification system 9-1, grade 4 will be taken as equivalent to grade C)
- GCE-AL/AS: E
- IB: 4 years
- HKDSE: Level 3
- Australian State or Territory High School Certificate Grade 12 English: 80%
- Grade 12 Canadian English: 70%
- Examination of the Central or State Council of India Grade 12 English: 80%
- Malasio English language SPM / UEC-Senior: C / B4
- Singapore General Document H1 GCE A-Level: C
- GSAT / English AST: Top 13% of the cohort
Lee Woo Sing College will provide five non-renewable financial aid of HK$40,000 each to be granted each year. The total amount is HK$200,000 per year.