Laboratory Technician Graduate Training Program: 9 Positions
START QUALITY CONSULTANCY LTD/START MINERAL LABORATORY (SML) DATE OF RELEASE: 05/10/2019 Introduction.
START QUALITY CONSULTANCY LTD (SQCL) is the medium sized local company that started its operations in 2014. SQCL owns and operates the Mineral Analysis Laboratories known as Start Mineral Laboratory (SML). SML laboratories provide the sample analysis services to the mining sector covering from exploration, small, medium and large scale mining, leaching and elution plants.
SML has 8 laboratory branches in Tanzania namely: Mwanza, Geita, Katoro, Kahama, Tarime, Singida, Chunya and Makongolosi. The head office is located in Mwanza City at SIDO Industrial Estate, Nyakato.
The company invites applications to fill 9 positions of joining our training program at our centers located in Mwanza, Geita, Tarime and Kahama for the duration of 2 months effectively from 1st November 2019 to 31 December 2019.
The trainees will be engaged to the training program, materials and facilities for the learning of the analysis methods and procedures preparing them to work for the company.
After the training program is complete, trainees will be accessed and among them the company will select 6 best trainees for Employment consideration to fill the posts of Laboratory Technicians in our Laboratory branches.
Laboratory Technician is responsible for all activities related to analysis of samples.
Among other tasks the Laboratory Technician will be responsible for:
- Colleting and preparing samples for analysis
- Preparing the standards for calibration
- Preparing and cleaning laboratory apparatus for analysis
- Operating the analytical instruments and equipment including weighing balances, AAS, ICP, Furnaces, CS Analyser, dispensers, pipettes e.t.c and maintaining them.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding laboratory activities
- Maintains proper records and documentation of tests reports.
- Orders, receives and maintains office supplies.
- Maintains clean and orderly working environment.
- Adheres to safety and security policies and procedures
- All other duties assigned by superiors
To be considered for the program the applicant must have the following qualifications;
- Graduated in either 2017, 2018 or 2019.
- Holder of Diploma or Equivalent qualification from the recognized institution in the following academic area:
■ Laboratory Technology
■ Mineral and Processing Engineering/Metallurgy
■ Chemical and Processing Engineering,
■ Mining Engineering
■ Or related field
- Computer knowledge and software applications including MS Office package
- Must be fluent in both Kiswahili and English.
- Experience in the Mining and Laboratory environment and must be ready to live in our training centers fully.
SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED DURING TRAINING PROGRAM
The company will offer the following services during training:
a) Full dry camp accommodation
b) Full standard meal
c) Monthly Stipend of Tshs 100,000/
MODE OF APPLICATION
Forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or Drop the hard copy at Mwanza or Geita branch before 15th October 2019.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted before 25th October 2019.
The SML Team
For any inquiry call +255 756 555 115 or +255 753 563 699