Welcome to Mbeya University of Science and Technology (MUST). As a higher learning institution, MUST endeavors to be a leading University of Science and Technology and ensuring that it becomes a centre of excellence for academics, research and consultancy. MUST further strives to become a centre where modern and indigenous technologies meet for improving livelihood in our society.
For those wishing to develop their skills and have a career in science, technology, engineering and business related fields, MUST is the right choice. Prospective students from different levels are welcome to join Ordinary Diploma, Bachelor Degree, Postgraduate and Graduate studies in various disciplines.
MUST is also committed to seeing that academic work adds value to our society through the MUST Consultancy Bureau (MCB). The Bureau has the obligation of solving professional challenges, particularly by offering consultancy in the respective fields.
This website provides necessary guidance and information about MUST. By regularly visiting the website, you will get to know more about MUST including academic programmes we offer, our engagement in provision of public services and research activities.
Mission and Vision
The vision of Mbeya University of Science and Technology is to become the leading centre of excellence for knowledge, skills and applied education in Science and Technology.
The mission of Mbeya University of Science and Technology is to develop academically, technologically and socially competent students, staff and other stakeholders who will be responsive to the broader needs and challenges of the society specifically by:
- Facilitating appropriate tuition, practical training and support according to the needs of students and other customers.
- Encouraging staff commitment to quality education and services including research, consultancy and innovation.
- Fostering lifelong learning and responsibility.
- Promoting an environment conducive to human development.
- Promoting effective entrepreneurship and usage of appropriate technology that meet national and international needs and standards through skills and practical oriented training, research and consultancy
- To offer training in science and technology, technical education and other training, thus developing a critical mass of highly trained manpower.
- To formulate plans for the promotion, technological development and improvement of the quality of education and training being offered to students and other stakeholders.
- To promote and encourage innovation, initiative and readiness amongst staff and students in their fields of specialization and study.
- To collaborate with other institutions nationally and internationally in the initiation, promotion and conducting of technical education, science and technology programmes.
- To carryout any other assignments given by the government through its various organs.