The Functions of National Examinations of Tanzania
- To formulate examinations policy in accordance with the principles of education for self reliance and the education and training policy
- To ensure responsibility for examinations within the United Republic of Tanzania and to make provision for places and centres for examinations
- To receive from other persons or bodies of persons reports or other material affecting examinations policy and from from time to time to consider and review examinations policy as circumstances may require
- To co-operate with other persons or bodies of persons in the orderly development of an examinations system in the United Republic of Tanzania
- To conduct examinations for, and to grant, diplomas, certificates and other awards of the the council
- To act as the body which shall facilitate, administer and supervise foreign examinations in Tanzania.
Powers and Duties of The National Examinations Council of Tanzania
- Administer the properties of the Council both movable and immovable
- To administer the funds and other assets of the Council
- To signify the acts of the Council by use of the common seal;
- Subject to the provisions of this Act, to appoint such officers of the Council as it may deem necessary
- To review regulations relating to examinations
- To consider and approve subjects suitable for examinations
- To appoint panels or boards of examiners
- To enter into arrangements, whether reciprocal or otherwise, with other persons or organization, whether within or outside the United Republic, for the recognition of awards granted in respect of examinations falling within their respective responsibilities
NECTA Core Values
- Confidentility and Security
NECTA Mission and Vission
To be the Centre of Excellence in Quality Education Assessment and Certification.
To Provide Fair, Efficient and Effective Educational Assessment.
To serve you better anywhere and everywhere ! Your satisfaction is our pleasure.